Wednesday, May 16, 2012

First Day of Cooking Class

Today was my first day of cooking class. We had a guest chef, Dr. Fletcher. We made asparagus by cleaning it, cutting off the ends, putting it on a pan, mixing it with olive oil, adding Hawaiian red salt, and cooking it in the oven. It was my first time eating this type of vegetable and it was very delicious. Then we cut up apples and onions, and we sauteed it. After cooking it, it came out like apple sauce and I love apple sauce, but it was alright. Further, we made a pork tenderloin. We added salt, pepper, and fennel seeds. The pork was delightful. Finally, we made a dessert. The dessert was short bread cookies with jelly in it. The cookie was quite divine. Overall, I enjoyed my first day of cooking class. It was not my first time cooking. I make eggs and pasta all the time. Also, I make an amazing bowl of cereal. I look forward expanding the varieties of foods that I am able to prepare for my loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment