Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Guacamole *Is* Worth It

On our way to Chipotle for lunch on Monday, I was cautioned that the extra charge for the guacamole is not worth it; I was told that I wouldn't be able to even taste it with everything else.  Not only was I pleased with the guacamole, it was applied liberally to my rice bowl and enhanced the entire meal.

The storefront was busy with a largely corporate lunchtime crowd when we arrived, but there was luckily a lull in the line when we walked in the door.  We decided to take our orders to-go due to the lack of table space to eat.  I'm sure that the small size of the restaurant helps reduce overhead costs, but such a popular eatery in a busy location could certainly use more dining space.

The staff preparing our meals was fast and efficient, although it was hard to hear them asking us what we wanted due to the noise in the restaurant.  We checked out quickly.

I chose a rice bowl with brown rice, steak, black beans, lettuce, salsa, corn, cheese, and guacamole.  It was packaged securely in a takeout container without napkins or utensils; I assumed takeout orders would be thus prepared and didn't get utensils (luckily, Maria's cafeteria at school came in clutch).  The rice was well prepared - not sticky nor too hard - and the steak was tender and nicely flavored.  Again, I felt that I was given my money's worth with the amount of guacamole added to my plate.  More corn would have been nice; I wonder if staff is trained to only give a certain amount.

All in all, I was pleased with my lunch from Chipotle.  In honor of Cinco de Mayo, the restaurant posted its guacamole recipe online - check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment